Try making your own gluten free pasta with the recipe below. Short on time? Pick up a box of gluten free pasta at your local grocery store.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Serving Size: 4
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (we love almond flour!)
1 extra-large egg + 4 extra egg yolks
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup of Abundant Foods Sweet & Spicy Carrot Soup
1. Combine flour, egg, egg yolks, salt, xanthan gum, olive oil and butter in a mixing bowl or food processor and mix well.
2. Add water in small amounts and continue mixing until contents reaches a dough mixture.
3. Remove dough and place on a floured surface and divide into 8 equal parts.
4. Roll out each piece of dough to 1/8″ thickness, then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the pasta into a linguine shape.
5. Boil up a large pot of water and cook for 8-12 minutes or until al dente.
6. Drain pasta and let sit for a few minutes.
7. Add Abundant Foods Sweet and Spicy Carrot Soup and garnish with fresh parsley or chives. Serve immediately.